Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Costume Institute

Michelle went home today and we had a really great time. I will write more about her visit after she gets her pictures up.

Today was very exciting because I have been transferred libraries at the Met. My intern friend Anthony and I have been moved to the Costume Institute Library and today was my first day. Yes, it really is as cool as it sounds. Today I spent the day measuring binders containing sketches from the house of Mainbocher from the 40s, 50s, and 60s (see example below). I believe that I will immensely enjoy this opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! My! God! That is so freakin' awesome! I would like for a Freaky Friday type experience to occur right about now. I'll live your life for a little while and you can live mine. What do you say? ;)

    ReplyDelete