Sunday, February 21, 2010

Brunch: Santuary T

Every Sunday I go to brunch with some of my girlfriends. My mother suggested that this would make a great topic for my blog. Today we went to Sanctuary T in SoHo. Unfortunately I didn't remember I was blogging about it until after I finished my dish.
What you are not seeing is the remnants of a Banana-Caramel-Nutella Crepe. It was so good I had to stop myself from licking the plate. Lis had the Bacon-Egg-Goat Cheese Sandwich, Mindy had Eggs Benedict with Lox, and Madhavi had the Fresh Fruit Crepe.

The restaurant was right off of Canal Street which divides SoHo from Chinatown. We decided to do some junk-jewelry shopping. The secret to Chinatown? Pretending that you aren't interested in the item you want. The vendor dropped my new sweet bling from $10 to $8. It's a snake, in case you can't tell.
Lis headed off to work, so Mindy, Madhavi, and I headed uptown to help Madhavi shop for her upcoming MBA interviews (we were not successful). On the way they introduced me to The City Bakery which has famous hot chocolate. Really, hot chocolate is a misnomer, its more like liquid chocolate sludge. They also have a Hot Chocolate du Jour. Today's was "Sunken Treasure" which had a chocolate truffle, a piece of toffee, and caramel coral at the bottom of the cup. Then they poured the sludge over it, topped with a house-made marshmallow.
They had also decorated the place with "Marshmallow Curtains". Yes, those are real marshmallows.

Between the crepe and the liquid cocoa, I quickly entered a sugar coma. But oh, so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment