Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jeanette's Visit Part I

This past weekend my friend Jeanette from SLC came out to visit me and see New York. It was her second time here, the first being when she was 16 and came for a 3 day visit with her high school. I decided to give her a real taste of New York.

Thursday we lunched at Soy & Sake, a delicious vegan restaurant in Greenwich Village. We then stood in line at the Times Square TKTS booth hoping for some decent discount tickets to a Broadway show. Can't say that we were too disappointed with what we got:


Before the show I took her to the world famous Carnegie Deli where we split a grilled cheese, potato knish, and two black & white cookies.

The next day we went to MOMA. Modern art is really not my thing, but I enjoyed some of the interior design pieces.

We finished the night off at my favorite NYC bar, Otto's Tiki Lounge where we indulged in the monsterous Lava Blast. What's in it? Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'm so happy that you are blogging again. Looks like you and Jeanette had a great time. I can't wait to see you next month.

    ReplyDelete